Loveland City School District officials received notification of 1st positive COVID during the weekend
By Chuck Gibson
LOVELAND, OH (September 14, 2020) – The Loveland City School District released a statement early Monday announcing the first confirmed positive case of COVID since returning to the classrooms for the start of the school year August 31.
The statement released by LCSD Monday indicates a Loveland School bus driver notified school officials he/she had tested positive for COVID-19. According to current information, the driver was last present at work Thursday, September 10. As part of the school response to this information, families of all students on that driver’s bus routes have been notified.
See below for the complete statement released by the Loveland City School District:
COVID-19 Update: September 14, 2020
COVID-19 Positive Case
Loveland Tiger Family,
This weekend, the district was notified that one of our bus drivers has tested positive for COVID-19. The driver was last present at work on 9/10/20. As a result of this confirmed case, the following actions are being taken at this time:
- One student was determined to be in close-contact (6 feet or less for 15 minutes or more) with the confirmed case, and that family has been notified and will follow Hamilton County Public Health protocols.
- For other students on this driver’s routes, those families have also been notified to advise them of the positive case and to assure them that their students were not in close contact.
- If you were not notified, your student was not determined to be in close contact.
- All staff and students should follow the protocols outlined by Hamilton County Public Health, including daily health checks for symptoms of COVID-19.
- Should you or your student develop any of these symptoms, please contact your healthcare provider for guidance:
– Fever and chills
– Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
– Muscle or body aches
– Loss of taste or smell
– Sore throat
– Congestion or runny nose
– Nausea or vomiting
At all times, it is the intention of Loveland City Schools to strive for the safety of its students and staff. Guidelines followed here do conform to those established by Hamilton County Public Health or CDC website at https://www.cdc.gov/.