Transforming Loveland into a German Village Friday & Saturday
By Chuck Gibson
LOVELAND, OH (September 21, 2023) – Yes, a German Village! For two days, Friday, September 22nd 4-10 p.m. and Saturday, September 23, Noon – 10 p.m. the historic downtown Loveland district will transform into a German Village.
Here is updated details of Oktoberfest Loveland from the Little Miami River Chamber Alliance:
THE LOVELAND OKTOBERFEST EVENT IS SPONSORED BY WOLTERMAN LAW
It takes place in LOVELAND, OHIO SEPT 22ND 4PM-10PM & SEPT 23RD 12PM-10PM –
The City of Loveland area businesses and the Little Miami River Chamber Alliance are turning the downtown Loveland area into a German village for a few days.
NEW THIS YEAR: Big 6 wheel games and beer puppeteer, and the stein slide returns! Live entertainment, a Biergarten, wiener dog races, kids zone, crafts with our local Scouts, the Warsteiner Emporium and much more make up the remainder of the weekend. Not to worry if you don’t have your dirndl dry cleaned, we will have German swag available for purchase on both days.
Restaurants and Bars will also be hosting German and music throughout the weekend. There will be German fare available ALL over Loveland from restaurants and vendors as well.
“We are very excited that LMRCA (Little Miami River Chamber Alliance) is hosting this event again this year! It’s a wonderful addition to all the other events that we offer the community.” – Kathy Bailey, Mayor, City of Loveland
FREE Shuttles will be offered from Loveland Early Childhood Center and Shopper’s Haven from 5pm – 10pm each evening to provide easy access to the event.
“We are so happy to hold Oktoberfest in downtown Loveland. We have a lot of festivals and fun activities in late spring and summer, now we have a fall event that our visitors can enjoy.” – CeeCee Collins, LMRCA President
Here is an upated schedule of events:
- Friday, September 22
- Event Begins, Biergarten opens, Food Trucks & Vendors, Lawn Games : 4PM-10:00 PM
- Warsteiner Beer on tap as well as drafts and seltzers sold at Nisbet Park. Food options listed below. Lawn Games include a Stein Slide, Spin the Wheel, and Beer Puppeteer!
- Kid’s Zone: 4PM – 8:00PM
- Includes a large slide inflatable, inflatable axe throwing, and inflatable basketball.
- The Bergstrasse Boys on Stage: 6PM-10:00PM
- Enzian German Dancers Perform (Gazebo): 7:30PM-8:15PM
- Stein Hoist “Masskrugstemmen” Competitions Prelims: 7:30-8:00PM
- The first round begins at local Restaurants and Bars
- Saturday, September 23
- Event begins: 12:00PM
- Kids Zone / Family Festival: 12PM – 5:00PM
- Come down with the whole family! Kiddos can get their faces painted and do crafts with our local Girl Scouts of Loveland! There will be balloon artists, a large slide inflatable, inflatable axe throwing, and inflatable basketball. Kona ice will be on site at this time only.
- Cin City Shakers (Gazebo): 12PM-1:00PM
- Schnapps Band (Gazebo): 2PM-5:00PM
- Weiner Dog Race: 3:00PM (Amphitheater)
- You won’t want to miss this! Come early to get good seats for the show.
- Premier Dance and Tumbling Perform: 4PM-5:00PM (Amphitheater)
- Ceremonial Keg Procession and Keg Tapping (In front of City Hall): 5:00
- Stein Hoist Finals on Main Stage: 5:45PM-6:00PM
- Winners from each business come stein to stein to claim Stein Hoist King!
- Zinzinnati Bier Band (On Stage): 6PM-10:00PM
Event Ends 10:00PM
Food in the Biergarten:
- All the Ingredients: Schmidt’s Bahama Mama Sausages, Fried Sauerkraut Balls
- Best Thing Smokin Food Truck: Smoked Corned Beef Sliders or Rubens, Sauerkraut, Sausage & Potato Pancakes
- Funnel Vision Food Truck: Funnel Cakes
- Gray’s Homemade Peanut Brittle
- Knights of Columbus: Goetta Burgers, Brats and Metts
- Pretzelfuls Food Truck
- Sweet Jazz Treats Food Truck
- Tano Bistro (Saturday ONLY): Schweinebraten & German potato salad
- Kona Ice (Saturday ONLY): Shaved ice
CLICK HERE to visit LMRCA online and learn more about the Loveland Oktoberfest 2023!