Run/Walk At Nisbet Park on the Eve of
the 9/11 20th Anniversary
By Chuck Gibson
LOVELAND, OH (September 3, 2021) – It’s hard to believe 20 years have passed since 9/11 became a day never to be forgotten. On the eve of the 9/11 20th Anniversary, Friday, September 10, 2021 Nisbet Park in Loveland, Ohio will be the site of a special Run/Walk event to benefit local first responders
The Run/Walk event is the next in a series of Run/Walk For A Reason events organized by local Loveland residents Chris Owens and Sue Burnett. Each of the events in the quarterly series is done for a specific cause. The last one took place June 12, to support the cause of Mental Health and Suicide Prevention by honoring the Loveland High School “Hope Squad” and The Ben Morrison Memorial Foundation. Chris Owens and Sue Burnett, founding partners, of the Run/Walk For A Reason series have strong business ties to the community. Owens is a real estate agent with RE/MAX Preferred Group and Burnett is a financial advisor and owns Monarch Financial Advisors. Both have completed Iron Man Triathlons.
“I’ve always wanted to find a way to not just have a presence in the community, but to truly give back,” said Owens. “We just wanted to find a way to do something to get people moving and benefit all our Loveland nonprofits.”
Here’s what’s happening on Friday, September 10.
- Run/Walk For a Reason event on the Scenic Little Miami River Trail (aka: Loveland Bike Trail) at Nisbet Park. Loveland Mayor Kathy Bailey will kick off the event at 6:30 p.m. (Event runs 6:30-8:30 p.m)
- NO ENTRANCE/REGISTRATION FEE – No need to pre-register – Donations are welcome – not required.
- ALL donations will go to the Loveland Police Association AND the Tunnel to Towers Foundation. Donations can be made by check, cash or Venmo: @RunWalkForAReason – Narrow Path Brewing has a donation basket until the evening of the event.
- Participants can choose to Run/Walk North along the Scenic River Trail toward Maineville whichever distance they prefer: ½ mile, 1 mile, or 5K (3.1 miles) They’ll be marked in chalk on the trail to guide you
- Children & strollers are welcome to join in. Pets are welcome too.
- Raffle and fun in Nisbet Park begins at 7:30 p.m. with LPD Officer Kyle Bibelhausen on site with K9 Officer Mack. The LSFD will have a fire truck parked nearby for a hands-on fire truck experience for the kids.
- Refreshments for participants include non-alcoholic drinks from Nectar Springs and Drink coupons (must be 21 or over) from Narrow Path Brewing
- The event will go on rain or shine
Owens and Burnett held their first Run/Walk event in December 2019 to benefit Toys for Tots. The series has continued every quarter since supporting Loveland nonprofits in addition to LHS Hope Squad and Ben Morrison Memorial Fund this past June, the Care Center, LIFE Food Pantry, Living Waters Farm and Sweet Cheeks Diaper Bank. Others will follow in future Run/Walk for a Reason events.
“We just want to promote doing good and giving back to the community and really featuring more of the nonprofits,” Owens explained. “We hear of these nonprofits like NEST. What do they really do? We want to raise awareness about what our local nonprofits are. Then we just want to bring families together.”
It all started with two women training for an Ironman Triathlon talking about giving back to the community. They pulled it together with that first event in December 2019. Owens says they had about 25 people participate the first time, but it has continued to grow. They’ve been able to gain the support of local businesses like Narrow Path Brewing and others. Proceeds from donations will be split evenly between the Loveland Police Association and the Tunnel to Towers foundation to honor the first responders and the 20th Anniversary of 9/11.
“IF you have NOT yet attended one of these events, we do them quarterly,” said Owens. “Get Out and Get Moving for a GREAT Cause!”
Run/Walk For a Reason: Honoring First Responders
Friday, September 10, 2021
Nisbet Park, Loveland, Ohio
NO REGISTRATION FEE – Donations accepted, not required.
Run or walk ½ mile, 1 mile, or 5K (3.1 mile)
Fun and festivities at Nisbet Park after run/walk
CLICK HERE to connect on Facebook