The high school participates in an international program called the Cappies, which sets up student critic teams from local high schools to attend and critique the plays and musicals of other schools. At the end of the year, the critics vote for awards in technical and acting categories for the shows they have seen. The year culminates in a glitzy gala at the Aronoff Center, where top schools are invited to perform excerpts and the critics’ choices are announced.
Loveland Drama submitted their fall play, Ken Ludwig’s Leading Ladies, for review. They received award nominations in 14 categories. They won 7 Cappies. It is our pleasure to offer congratulations to all of them for their theatrical success.
And the Loveland Cappies winners are:
- Hair and Makeup – Ella Clemons and Avery Colletto
- Sets – The Cast and Crew of Leading Ladies, headed up by stage managers, Kaitlyn Naylor and Elisabeth O’Neill, and crew members Gabby Fronk, Ryan James, and Zack Peebles
- Comic Actress in a Play – Tricia Halili-Felse
- Comic Actor in a Play – George Jewell
- Supporting Actor – Myles Lamson
- Lead Actor – Aidan McCracken
- Play – Leading Ladies
The directors, cast, and crew are delighted to be honored for their work and glad they could present an entertaining and high-quality show after the COVID break curtailed most large-scale productions.