Loveland Stage Company is seeking directors and accepting play submissions for 2023/24 performance season
By Chuck Gibson
LOVELAND, OH (October 18, 2022) – Don’t wait until it is too late. Now is your chance to direct a Loveland Stage Company (LSC) performance, or submit your own play for performance consideration.
LSC is taking submissions for plays to be performed during the June 1, 2023 thru May 31, 2024 theater season. All submissions must meet the “Play Submittal Guidelines of the Loveland Stage Company. Your proposal for the 2023-2024 season must be mailed and postmarked no later than October 31, 2022 to ensure cosideration for the season.
Likewise, anyone wishing to be selected as a director at the Loveland Stage Company must also meet suggested guidelines.
Guidelines for play proposals and selection as a Director at LSC are as follows:
- Step One:
Show Summary: The director will submit in writing, a short (50 words or less), summary of the action of the play or musical.
- Theatrical Experience: The director will include a description of their background in theater, explaining their unique qualifications for directing their show.
- Proposal: The director will submit a proposal for review. Possible revisions to the proposal may occur after the board has reviewed.
1. List all characters in the show with a brief description of their age and type.
2. What is your overall concept/vision of the play?
3. Describe the set and costumes.
4. Will you need production assistants, assistant director, assistant / music director, vocal coach, etc.?
5. A proposed budget for the production.
6. Are there any exception costs associated with this production? (orchestra or musicians, etc.)
7. How much rehearsal time will you need for this play?
8. Do you have scheduling concerns regarding your availability?
9. Do you have a Covid contingency plan; either to prevent the cast from getting sick or allowing the full proposed run to still happen if illness occurs?
- Step Two:
- If necessary, the board may also request additional information from the director.
- Once revisions are made to the plan the board makes a final determination regarding the play/musical.
- At the discretion of the board, exceptions may be made to this procedure.
NOTE: If your submission is digital and under 5mb, please email to: email@example.com
- For large submissions or those without digital access, you can mail them to:
Attn: 23/24 Show Submittal
The Loveland Stage Company
111 S 2nd St. (Rt 48)
P.O. Box 312
Loveland, Ohio 45140-3026
a. If you have never directed you must be open to utilizing an experienced LSC director to assist.
2. Potential directors must be open to using experienced LSC Producers, Lighting and Sound in a minimal of an assistant role.