Braves earn 97 total awards with 39 top five finishes!
NEWS RELEASE: Heather Higdon, Director of Communications
INDIAN HILL, OH (March 24, 2022) – The Indian Hill Latin Club earned 97 total awards, including 39 top five finishes, during the 2022 Ohio Junior Classical League (OJCL) convention in Columbus.
Twenty students from Indian Hill Middle School (IHMS) and Indian Hill High School (IHHS) participated in the event, earning fifth place overall.
“Our students represented the Indian Hill School District well,” said Indian Hill High School Latin teacher Melissa Burgess. “We are incredibly proud of the much-deserved accolades and how much fun they had together. This event was a true celebration of learning.”
- Novice Level Certamen (sixth place) featuring students JC Chen, Casey de Blank, Soren Fairfield, and Michael Miller
- Club Banner (excellent rating) created by students Hannah Kremer, Elsa Zhou, Laura Kremer, Alex Sheldon, and Ryan Rammacher
- Overall Sweepstakes: IHHS student Grace Zhou earned 86 total sweepstakes points, making her the seventh highest point earner at the convention and in Ohio
- Overall Graphic Arts Sweepstakes: IHHS student Alex Sheldon earned 50 total graphic arts sweepstakes points, making her the fifth highest earner in that category at the convention and in Ohio
- Overall Creative Arts Sweepstakes: IHHS student Arjun Verma earned 13 total creative arts sweepstakes points, making him the sixth highest earner in that category at the convention and in Ohio
IHMS student JC Chen placed in the top 10 in every test offered at the OJCL convention
Best in Show: Student Nathan Padhy received “Best in Show” for his Pencil Drawing; student Grace Zhou received “Best in Show” for her Charcoal Drawing