Celebration will feature Bengals ice sculptures, live ice carving demonstrations
CITY OF LOVELAND: Krista Rose
LOVELAND, OH (February 7, 2022) –The City of Loveland’s Hearts Afire Weekend will feature multiple ice carving events on Saturday, Feb. 12. This is one of the only ice festival events happening in Greater Cincinnati this winter!
When: Saturday, Feb. 12 at 6 p.m.
Where: City of Loveland (Approx. 120 W. Loveland Ave., Loveland, OH 45140)
- A self-guided ice sculpture walking tour, featuring approximately 25 unique designs, will take place in Historic Downtown Loveland.
- Visitors can stroll the sidewalks to discover the lighted sculptures, which will be carved from 300-pound blocks of ice. Look for Olaf the Snowman, special tributes to the Cincinnati Bengals, and other unique shapes. This will be a great photo opportunity!
- Six live demonstrations by Master Carvers will take place throughout the evening. Watch art come to life before your eyes!
In addition to the ice activities, other weekend highlights include
- “Galentine” Night (Feb. 11, 5-8 p.m.)
- Fire Twirling Performers (Feb. 12, 6 p.m.)
- Eskimo Kisses Game Village (Feb. 12, 6 p.m.)
- Single in the City: Speed Dating (Feb. 12, 7-9 p.m.)
- Vow Renewal Ceremonies (Feb. 12, multiple times)
- Fireworks (Feb. 12, 10:30 p.m.)
- Chasing Cupid 5K (Feb. 13, 9 a.m.)
A full weekend schedule is posted at https://lovinlifeloveland.com/events/hearts-afire-weekend/.
Parking shuttles will be transporting eventgoers continuously to the downtown area beginning at 5 p.m.
The city has arranged a park-and-ride location located at Shopper’s Haven (597 Loveland-Madeira Road). The drop-off location will be at Schutte Dry Cleaning (401 W. Loveland Ave.). Please note eventgoers will need to walk to the festivities from the drop-off location.
About Hearts Afire Weekend
Taking place Feb. 11-13, 2022, Hearts Afire Weekend is a new city-wide event, which features elements of fire and ice with sparks of love-inspired activities. Local businesses will warm up the weekend with shopping and dining specials, as well as unique events. Learn more at https://lovinlifeloveland.com/events/hearts-afire-weekend/. For additional information, please contact Misty Brents at Loveland City Hall at (513) 707-1437.
About the City of Loveland
Loveland, Ohio, is about 15 miles northeast of Cincinnati, straddling Hamilton, Clermont and Warren Counties. The city has a population of approximately 13,000 residents and is best known for its charming historic downtown and location on the beautiful Little Miami River. For more information, please visit lovelandoh.gov.