Loveland releases details for Fourth of July celebration.
By Chuck Gibson
LOVELAND, OH (June 15, 2021) – Earlier this month, the City of Loveland announced the return of the 4th of July Celebration in Historic Downtown Loveland for this year. Now, details of the celebration plans have been released.
Plans for a Loveland Fourth of July celebration this year mark the return following a one-year hiatus caused by the pandemic restrictions in place during July 2020. While the City of Loveland did collaborate with Symmes Township to produce two simultaneious fireworks displays one year ago, there was no parade, no kids zone, no food, refreshments or live music in the heart of Historic Downtown Loveland. Kathy Bailey, Loveland Mayor, is among the city officials happy to see the celebration return for the community.
“We missed our usual celebration in 2020 because of the pandemic. It’s exciting to have our full event with the parade and entertainment return this year,” said Bailey. “We want to invite everyone to visit Loveland to celebrate with us!”
The celebration event will be held this year on Sunday, July 4, 2021 in Historic Downtown Loveland. Many of the planned activities will take place in Nisbet Park. The Kid Zone is back in Nisbet Park from 4-6:30 p.m. featuring rides, inflatable games, face painting, performers and more. The traditional Loveland July Fourth Parade will follow beginning at 7 p.m.
Here is a breakdown of the City of Loveland Fourth of July Celebration plans:
- KID ZONE – 4-6:30 p.m. in Nisbet Park: Rides, Inflatables, Face Painting, Performers & more. . .
- PARADE – Starts 7 p.m. – Parade route goes from Loveland Elementary School (600 Loveland Madeira Road), will turn on West Loveland Avenue, travel through the downtown district, will finish at the intersection of State Route 48 and East Loveland Avenue.
- LIVE MUSIC – The Bluewater Kings Band: 8-10 p.m.- Nisbet Park Amphitheater. The band specializes in high-energy music, and a six-piece ensemble will perform popular songs.
- FIREWORKS DISPLAY – 10 p.m. is the schedule start for a display which should be visible in multiple locations all around Loveland.
- FOOD & REFRESHMENT – Food trucks will be at the event. Visitors can also enjoy the city’s Designated Outdoor Refreshment Area (DORA) 12-NOON – 11p.m.
- PARKING & SHUTTLE – Parking shuttles will be transporting eventgoers continuously from 4-11 p.m. Shuttle pick-up locations will be at Loveland High School (1 Tiger Trail) and the Loveland Early Childhood Center (6740 Loveland-Miamiville Road). Drop-off locations will be at Riverside Drive and Third Street. Please note eventgoers will need to walk to the festivities from the drop-off locations.
If you or your organization would like to be in the parade, registration is open through June 30. Please register online at https://www.lovelandoh.gov/FormCenter/Parade-Registrations-12/Parade-Registration-65.
For additional information about the 2021 Independence Day program, please contact Misty Brents at Loveland City Hall at (513) 707-1437.